MembersLiam Gallagher Chairperson Stephen Edwards Treasurer Séamus McGowan Principal and Secretary Fr Diggin Charlie Doherty Community Nominee Fiona Bonner Community Nominee Siobhan Forkan Parent’s Nominee Sinead O Toole Teacher’s Nominee
Activities of the Board of Management
The board’s main function is to manage the school on behalf of the patron and for the benefit of the students and to provide an appropriate education for each student at the school. Essentially, the board manages the school. Among other things:
- It has responsibility for drawing up the school plan and for ensuring that it is implemented.
- It appoints the principal, the teachers and other staff.
- It must ensure that the school fulfils its functions as set out in the Education Act 1998.
- It must promote contact between the school, the parents and the community and must facilitate and give all reasonable help to a parents’ association in its formation and its activities.
- It has overall responsibility for the school’s finances. It is obliged to have comprehensive insurance cover for the school. It must keep proper accounts, which may be audited by the Department of Education and Skillsa and/or the Comptroller and Auditor General. Its annual accounts must be available to the patron and the school community.